Re: rehash() doesn't reread .

From: Børge Strand-Bergesen
Subject: Re: rehash() doesn't reread .
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 20:32:11 +0200

Thanks John,

I just installed 3.4.03 on Cygwin. Things just what I expect. Newly
saved files appear functional without having to rehash or restart
octave. I have gathered three logs below to show what happens.

Any news on 3.4 being available in Windows without Cygwin?

Cheers,
Børge

% go to home folder and save qwerty06.m with function qwerty06(a,b)
returning a+b
% start cygwin octave 3.4.03 in home folder
octave:1> qwerty06(1,2)
ans =  3
% expected
% save function as qwerty07.m in home folder
octave:2> qwerty07(1,2)
ans =  3
% expected
% saving function as c:/qwerty08.m
octave:3> cd /cygdrive/c
octave:4> qwerty08(1,2)
ans =  3
% All looks good!

% saving as C:\programs\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\bin\qwerty09.m
% start windows octave 3.2.4
octave-3.2.4.exe:1> qwerty09(1,2)
ans =  3
% expected
% save function as qwerty10.m in same folder
octave-3.2.4.exe:2> qwerty10(1,2)
ans =  3
% expected
% save function as c:\qwerty11.m, then cd to folder
octave-3.2.4.exe:3> cd c:/
octave-3.2.4.exe:4> pwd
ans = c:\
octave-3.2.4.exe:5> qwerty11(1,2)
ans =  3
% expected
% save folder as c:\qwerty12.m without redundant cd
octave-3.2.4.exe:6> qwerty12(1,2)
error: `qwerty12' undefined near line 6 column 1
% neither rehash() nor cd c:/ will make it found.

% restart windows octave 3.2.4
octave-3.2.4.exe:1> cd c:/
octave-3.2.4.exe:2> pwd
ans = c:\