Re: How can I increase/decrease (frequency/pitch) and phase using fft/if

From: Rick T
Subject: Re: How can I increase/decrease (frequency/pitch) and phase using fft/ifft tia sal22
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 04:43:55 -1000

Greetings All

I went back and did what Sergei recommend and used resample and repmat, but I'm noticing that on some of the values the rows aren't the same as the sample rate, see image link below.  notice the top image value for rows says 1000 and the bottom image says rows = 1008.  This happens when I change the values of resample and repmat (freq_new) but only for certain values.  How can I fix this correctly?  I could just delete everything after 1000 but I'm not sure if this is a bug or just the way resample/repmat works.  PS: I'm using octave 3.2.4

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6576402/questions/rows_different.png

Here's the test code I used to test this

%resample_repmat signal

clear all, clf

Fs = 1000; % Sampling rate

Ts = 1/Fs; %sampling interval

t=0:Ts:1-Ts; %sampling period

freq_orig=1;

y=sin(2*pi*t*freq_orig)'; %gives a short wave

freq_new=9;

y2=resample(y,1,freq_new); %resample matrix

y3=repmat (y2,freq_new,1); %replicate matrix

[r_orig,c_orig] = size(y) %get orig number of rows and cols

[r_new,c_new] = size(y3) %get new number of rows and cols

subplot(2,1,1),plot(y),title('Orginal signal')

title(['rows=',num2str(r_orig),' cols=',num2str(c_orig)])

subplot(2,1,2),plot(y3),title('New signal')

title(['rows=',num2str(r_new),' cols=',num2str(c_new)])