RE: Not able to find .exe file in octave-3.4.0.tar.gz

From: William Krekeler
Subject: RE: Not able to find .exe file in octave-3.4.0.tar.gz
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 12:49:38 +0000

From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of ARVIND SRIVASTAVA
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 10:05 PM
To: address@hidden
Subject: Not able to find .exe file in octave-3.4.0.tar.gz

Hi

I am trying to install latest version of octave on my system which is windows xp operating system.I have downloaded octave-3.4.0.tar.gz file from the octave site.But I am not finding any executable file in that.So I am not able to install the octave.please help me in installing octave-3.4.0 on windows xp.Thanks in advance.

Arvind,

Arvind,

Tar is source. You need to download the windows specific binary on the octave downloads page. It should be version 3.2.X as there are few individuals supporting the windows binary so it hasn't been updated to version 3.4.0 yet.

Bill Krekeler