Re: Seeking advice re Fedora Octave

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Seeking advice re Fedora Octave
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 16:23:08 +1000

Hullo All,

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 10:19:53 +1000, Terry Duell <address@hidden> wrote:

[snip]
If there was a patch available for 3.2.4 that fixed the image read/write problems, I could apply the patch to a rebuild a 3.2.4 package

It's Greatcoats off!
I found a patch, eventually figured out how to incorporate it into the rpmbuild process, and built a revised version of 3.2.4 (octave-3.2.4-5.fc14.x86_64.rpm)...and the image functions (imread, imshow) are now working. So I have solved my initial problem, now just hopeful that Fedora will release an octave-3.4 package soon. If anyone else has this problem, and would like my 3.2.4-5 rpm (or the src.rpm to build it yourself), please let me know. (the rpm is 8.0 MB).

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell