RE: background color of printed figures

From: William Krekeler
Subject: RE: background color of printed figures
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 13:48:19 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Torsten Lange
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 8:13 AM
To: Octave Help

Am Freitag, 1. April 2011 13:54:05 schrieb Ben Abbott:
> On Apr 1, 2011, at 6:32 AM, Torsten Lange wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Can I change somehow the background color when printing to png-format? I
> > plot a my graphs using the loop variable (<=6) for colors. When i=6 then
> > the symbol color is white, which is ok for the plots (grey background)
> > but not for the png-prints where background is white.
> >
> > I have to print 100s of raw figures for visual evaluation. No need for
> > high quality.
> >
> > GNU Octave, version 3.0.2
> > used print command is:
> > print -dpng "file.png"
> >
> > Thanks, Torsten
>
> Would placing a colored patch in the background solve your problem?
>
>       help patch
>
> Ben

Thanks, Ben!

I had to pre-iterate through all data sets to find min/max of the plot area.
Its an ok-workaround and the pngs now come with a darker background!!!
Although, it makes the figures even more ugly ;)))
The grid disappeared unfortunately. I guess it's below the patch.

Have a nice weekend,
Torsten