Re: What dees this error mean?

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: What dees this error mean?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 21:40:33 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 30.03.2011, 12:15 -0700 schrieb senator:
> all my packages are indeed installed , I am copying and pasting the command
> out of octave forge function file so it should work right?  but i am gettin
> errors. I am going to copy the error report below.
> it seems i have no excel support.. I am use Windows and I have excel 2007
> and csvwrite works great for sending files to excels csv file
>
> Let me know if you know what these errors mean:
>
> arr=[23;34]
> xlswrite ('test4.xls', 'arr', 'Third_sheet', 'C3:AB40');
>
> command window output:
>
> ncols=26
> Creating file test4.xls
> warning: No support for Excel .xls I/O
> error: oct2xls unknown Excel .xls interface - NONE.
> error: called from:
> error:  C\Documents..........
> error:C\Documnets.....line 2, column 1
>
> thanks for still reading my messages

Try

xlswrite ('test4.xls', 'arr', 'Third_sheet', 'C3:AB40', 'POI');

this forces that the function uses the functionality provided by the
inbuilt java based excel support and bypasses the use of the excel com
functionality.
(With POI it also works on a machine where no excel is installed, but it
is slower).
I guess excel 2007 has an incompatible com functionality, POI should
solve that.