Re: reading text into octave

From: senator
Subject: Re: reading text into octave
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 07:47:40 -0700 (PDT)

thanks for you help again.  This is what it says at the site you suggested.

Function File: x = csvread (filename)

Read the matrix x from a file.

This function is equivalent to

          dlmread (filename, "," , ...)

If this is the only info i need to run this I want to learn how to transfrom
this info into running the function.
I am use to getting more info then this, but i want to be more efficient in
the future.
It says its equivalent to dlmread, does that mean I should look at dlmread
in matlab to see where to put the delimiter etc...

here is the  sample data I made to learn how to do this:
14860,20110301,0051,11,CLR, ,10.00,
14860,20110301,0151,11,SCT022, ,10.00,
14860,20110301,0251,11,CLR, ,10.00,
14860,20110301,0351,11,CLR, ,10.00,

so far i am getting errors , sometimes the errors mention dlmread even
though i am using csvread?

thanks