Re: reading text into octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: reading text into octave
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 08:04:44 -0600

On 29 March 2011 07:57, senator <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have used textscan in matlab, but cannot get it to work in Octave. I am
> reading in comma deliminated .txt file.

Try csvread.

> Also, what sight do you guys recommend for looking up octave fuctions such
> as textread. I dont think there is a help section for octave program?

The Octave-Forge site lists all known functions in Octave or addon packages:

     http://octave.sourceforge.net/functions_by_alpha.php

> what is your equivalent of the mathworks website.

We don't have one yet, but I am trying to create one:

     http://bitbucket.org/jordigh/agora

Can you help me, or do you know of someone who can?

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.