Re: Octave 4.0 for Mac?

From: Robert McDonald
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 for Mac?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:44:23 -0500

First, thanks for making this available! Very nice.

My problem is that plot is not working. I believe this is an OS X
issue not an octave issue but I'm hoping that someone here can point
me in the right direction.

I used macports to install gnuplot, and I have X11 installed. When I
run "plot(x)", octave returns me to the prompt with no error messages.
I can print("test.eps","-deps2"), and create an eps file. But I can't
see the plot. I can launch gnuplot from the command line and can run a
script, but again can't see a plot.

Any pointers? Thanks!

Bob