Re: octave-glpk MIPGAP

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: octave-glpk MIPGAP
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 08:51:12 -0600

On 26 March 2011 21:08, Marcelo Pinto <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to convince the people here in our firm to migrate from
> Matlab to Octave. However, the MIPGAP feature of GLPK is very
> important in our applications, and this functionality isn't
> implemented in octave's binding for glpk.
>
> Someone can help me how can I do to fix this problem? If I have to
> implement this feature, what source codes should I have to modify?

The GLPK code is spread across two source files (btw, in English,
source code is a mass noun, like help and information, there are no
helps, no informations and no source codes):

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/tip/scripts/optimization/glpk.m

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/tip/src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/__glpk__.cc

As you can see, the argument parsing is handled in glpk.m but the
actual work is done in __glpk__.cc. I am not familiar with GLPK to
tell you how difficult it would be to add more functionality to the
code, but I can help you with the infrastructure of writing and
committing a patch if you would like.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.