Re: Octave 4.0 for Mac?

From: Julien Salort
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 for Mac?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:32:24 +0200

"c." <address@hidden> writes:

> As  a few  messages of  positive feedback  were already  sent  to this
> thread, I  uploaded Octave.app to sourceforge and  credited Julien for
> his nice work on the home page.  Thanks!  c.

Hello,

There are at least a couple of problems that I haven't solved so far:
1/ It seems it works only on Snow Leopard. I guess there are some
options to use at compile time to build binaries that would work
on older systems but I don't know which ones...
2/ It may not start on computers running outdated X11. It seems that the
binary  requires libX11  to be  the same  or newer  than mine.  There are
probably some options to pass at compile time that I'm not aware of...
3/ mkoctfile doesn't work out of the box (essentially because of the
gfortran dynamic libraries)

I'm using Octave on various machines, including several PPC machines for
my work. I will therefore try to  build a PPC version, as soon as I have
some time...