Question on octave script

From: john kabaa
Subject: Question on octave script
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:35:57 -0700 (PDT)

To whom it may concern,

I was going through your website and came across an interesting script called texas_lotto. I had an open-ended question and I seek an solution from a brilliant mind such as yourself for comments.

Is it possible to locate a global minimum (ans) of the script on a huge surface of local minima that ties to a specific ans (e.g. last lotto # attained)?
If so, does a loop that runs the script until that specific condition (ans) is met work to meet the global minimum? If not what idea can I use to get this?

I appreciate your time and the input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

John Kamau
214-458-0042