Re: USING Octave in a commercial environment

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: USING Octave in a commercial environment
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:09:42 +0100

Am Freitag, den 25.03.2011, 12:46 -0700 schrieb Luke M:
[snip]
>   The prime issue, I'm
> told, is corporate responsibility:  if we make a mission-critical decision
> based on results from a Matlab analysis that turn out to be wrong through no
> fault of our own, we might seek damages from The MathWorks.

I think none of the persons who claim that have ever really read what
the end user license agreement for the software says. Just tell them to
read it and there will for sure be a liability exclusion.
I do not know one single vendor of scientific commercial software which
takes over the responsibility and liability for damages which come from
wrong calculations caused by errors in the software they sell.