Re: Octave 4.0 for Mac?

From: Julien Salort
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 for Mac?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:41:15 +0100

Vic Norton <address@hidden> writes:

> Has there been any  progress on a port of Octave 4.0  for Mac OSX 6? I
> am    using   Thomas    Treichl's    Octave-Forge/Octave.app   version
> 3.2.3.  MacPorts has  version 3.2.4.  I don't  know what  version Fink
> has. Is anyone working on a Mac port of Octave 4.0?

Hello,

I don't know if the official team has made any progress.
I've been  trying to compile  it myself for  my own personnal  use. I've
made a .app bundle using the dmgpacker scripts that are on the svn.
It works  for me  but I still  have to  figure out how  to make  it more
universal.

Does this start on your machine ?
http://upload.grenoble.cnrs.fr/telechargement/E1RKpPwcBf/octave-3.4.0-i386.dmg

For information, I've been using AT&T Research gfortran here:
http://r.research.att.com/gfortran-4.2.3.dmg

Julien