Re: how to change a compiler

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: how to change a compiler
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:48:12 +0000

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 1:53 PM, welkin zzp <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2011年03月22日 21:42, marco atzeri wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>> I'm sorry for that. What I want to ask is that when I make the
>>> octave-3.4.0
>>> source package after configure , always encounter a error that "can't
>>> open
>>> debug.h", and Andy Buckle suggested use gfortran ,not f77, but I don't
>>> know
>>> how to replace F77 with gfortran when compiling, as what I can do is just
>>> ./configure、make and make install,so where and how I should do to change
>>> the
>>> fortran compiler?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> zzpwelkin
>>>
>> assuming you have the gfortran compiler installed
>>
>> ./configure F77=gfortran
>
> Hi,
>        I have done with ./configure F77=gfortran, but encounter a new error
> when making  as following:
>
>                In file included from misc/f77-fcn.h:26,
>                         from misc/f77-extern.cc:28:
>                misc/quit.h:27:15: error: new: No such file or directory
>
>  but, the file quit.h truly under the misc directory, what should I do ?
>
> zzpwelkin

is gfortran installed? if you do "gfortran --version" what do you get?

on my openSuSE system, I get this from a package called "gcc44-fortran".

I have a hunch that, if gfortran is installed in a way that the
configure process recognises, then it will be preferred.

--
/* andy buckle */