problem of compilation under Mandriva 2010.1 64 bits.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: problem of compilation under Mandriva 2010.1 64 bits.
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:17:32 -0400

On 14-Mar-2011, Luc Xation wrote:

| I finish to compile octave-3.4  under Mandriva 2010.1 64 bits but my make
| check fails.
| My out :
| Integrated test scripts:

Quoting the configure summary:

| configure: WARNING: You used the EXPERIMENTAL --enable-64 option.
| configure: WARNING: Are you sure that is what you want to do?

Are you sure you need 64-bit indexing?

Did you read the section of the Octave manual about compiling Octave
with 64-bit indexing?

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Compiling-Octave-with-64_002dbit-Indexing.html#Compiling-Octave-with-64_002dbit-Indexing

You should not need to add -fdefault-integer-8 to FFLAGS if you are
passing --enable64 to configure.

jwe