Re: Omitting values for Leasqr

From: aegreen
Subject: Re: Omitting values for Leasqr
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 08:01:01 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Francesco, setting the weight to zero, and eliminating the y AND
corresponding x values worked as well.

For example using leasqr with these 3 vectors are equivalent

x = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
y = [10, 10000000, 12, 15, 16]
weights = [1, 0, 1, 1, 1,]

are equivalent to:

x = [1, 3, 4, 5]
y = [10, 12, 15, 16]
weights = [1, 1, 1, 1]

BUT not to:

x = [1, 2, 3, 4]
y = [10, 12, 15, 16]
weights = [1, 1, 1, 1]

nor:

x = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
y = [10, NaN, 12, 15, 16]
weights = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1,]

Francesco Potortì wrote:

>>I am trying to fit an exponential curve to data using the leasqr()
function.