Re: octave3.4.0 install problem: BLAS and LAPAK required

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: octave3.4.0 install problem: BLAS and LAPAK required
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:42:57 +0000

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 7:15 PM, Li, Ji (2) <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am trying to install Octave-3.4.0 on SUSE Linux version 10. I have Atlas
> 3.8.3 and Mkl 11.1.0.073 installed, but ./configure still complains "You are
> required to have BLAS and LAPACK libraries". I tried configure with
> --with-blas and --with-lapack options, and it doesn't work. What is missing
> here? Thanks a lot!
>
> I checked mailing list archive, and some suggested using "apt-get", but my
> machine doesn't have this command.
>
> Thanks,
> -Ji

My openSuSE experience does not go as far back as V10.

The equivalent of the apt stuff is zypper. so to see what blas stuff
you have, you can do

zypper search blas

(this assumes that zypper or yast was used to install blas in the
first place). Are you missing the headers? (packages with headers end
with dev or devel).

--
/* andy buckle */