Re: FMT in Polar function

From: dirac
Subject: Re: FMT in Polar function
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 08:47:15 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 08, 2011, at 10:52 AM, dirac <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On March 07, 2011 1:12:12 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

> > On Mar 07, 2011, at 12:14 PM, dirac <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > Are the above things I should add to tweak Octave on my Macbook? I
> also am

> > > having problems zooming in on my Macbook; do you need a mouse to do it

> > > correctly?

> > > Thanks

> > Zooming will only work for gnuplot's x11, wxt, and windows terminals. On
> MacOS, you'll need to use the x11 terminal if you want zooming

> >     setenv ("GNUTERM", "x11)

> > Ben

> Hmm, do I type that in the octave terminal? Also having problems with the

> shape of the markers. The 'o' command in the format gives me triangles for

> some reason.

Yes. You type that in the octave terminal.

>From the terminal, and using the bash shell you alternatively type ...

        export GNUTERM=x11

The marker types for Gnuplot are not consistent across the different
terminals. Meaning that x11, aqua, pdf, postscript, etc will each give
different results. Currently, Octave tries to make the marker type
consistent with postscript output..

Ben

p.s. a couple points of mail-list etiquette.

(1) Please no not delete the thread when replying.
(2) Reply at the bottom.

These rules of etiquette are used to ensure that those arriving late can
follow along and so that others with similar problems can search through the
email archives to find solutions to their problems.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice on the terminal Ben.

As far as I know I'm not deleting the thread on purpose, I just press reply
when on the website and type my reply. But I have copied the rest in now (I
think). I think this is how it's meant to be done, if not just let me know
:)

Thanks,
Martin

-----