octave 3.4.0 and octave-forge-20110226 for cygwin released

From: marco atzeri
Subject: octave 3.4.0 and octave-forge-20110226 for cygwin released
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 04:40:40 +0100

Hi,

just to inform you that I released the cygwin package for octave 3.4.0
and an octave-forge bundle
package updated at 20110226.
They will install as all the other cygwin packages through "setup.exe" at
http://cygwin.com/

KNOWN BUGS
1) Only on cygwin version printing plots from fltk cause segfault.
Never succeeded, for lack of time and competence, to identify the
root cause : octave, fltk, cygwin ?
To reproduce: run octave and at prompt
-------------------------
 graphics_toolkit ("fltk")
 x=1:10;
 plot(x,x)
 print("fltk.png","-dpng")
-------------------------
the plot is built and printed as file but octave crashs.
No such problem with gnuplot.

2) on some system of Japanese language, also gnuplot seems to have
problem in loading all the needed dll's.
I don't know if it is caused by BLODA (likely) or the oriental version
of XP and W7 have  some difference in dll's.
Test and feedback from further people with Japanese system is really
appreciated.

Regards
Marco