Help updating the FAQ

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Help updating the FAQ
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 12:30:51 -0600

As a famous person once almost said, "ask not what your Octave can do
for you..." ;-)

I am writing requesting a little help keeping "the" Octave FAQ up to
date. The ironic inverted commas in "the" are there because there's
actually a bunch of Octave FAQs. There's one officially hosted in the
gnu.org webpage, which I've recently worked on updating, and you can
see my work so far here:

      http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/octave-faq/

There's one in the Octave Wiki, with more practical know-how tidbits:

      http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?CategoryFAQ

Additionally, a number of individuals have maintained their own
private Octave FAQs.

I want to join all or most of these into the FAQ hosted in gnu.org,
but I need help with the following:

     - How much of the Octave wiki FAQ is still relevant?

     - What private FAQs do we know of that could and should be
       included with the general one?

     - Proofreading, more eyes please!

People often ask how to help Octave, and documentation like this is a
pretty easy way to get involved. You don't even have to submit TeXinfo
patches if it's too much of a hassle, just write in English what you
want, and I can write the patch for you.

Hope this is interesting,
- Jordi G. H.