Re: octave and symbian

From: Ghostly
Subject: Re: octave and symbian
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:32:46 +0100

> i have a nokia c6 with symbian os and was wondering, if there exists an
> octave version for it???
> or is there a similar software to install on such a device?
> otherwise iгd have to write a program combining python and wolframalpha...

Talking about Symbian in it's dying age - I'll miss it, I'll miss real phone
instead mini desktops that rule now, also I'll miss it's great (to me) Python
for S60 although it H/W and performance can't be compared with today beasts.

On topic: There is Jasymca - Java Symbolic Calculator (more info here:
http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/jasymca2/index.html)

It has two modes, and one of them is Octave-Mode. It runs on any java phone so
it's not SIS package specially for Symbian, but it acts like one of course
I have it on my old E61i (S60v3), but unfortunately don't remember using it, so
can't review