Re: Compiling Octave for Mac OSX 1.6.x

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Compiling Octave for Mac OSX 1.6.x
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:51:41 -0500

On Feb 19, 2011, at 5:08 AM, michaeldzjap wrote:

> Another thing to add to this...
>
> I just tried to configure Octave and now I get the error: A BLAS library was
> detected but found incompatible with your Fortan 77 compiler settings
>
> Any clues regarding how to solve for this? ( I did install GFortran from
> http://www.macresearch.org)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Please tell us where you got the sources for Octave, what version you are
trying to build, what you did before running configure, and what options you
used when running configure.

The gfortran from MacResearch will not work correctly with Apple's gcc. You'll
need the one below.

        http://r.research.att.com/tools/

However, I don't think that is your current problem. If you provide more
information one of use will be able to help.

Ben