Re: 3.3.54+, mkoctfile, header files?

From: Qianqian Fang
Subject: Re: 3.3.54+, mkoctfile, header files?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:35:38 -0500

On 02/10/2011 11:58 AM, Qianqian Fang wrote:
I am experiencing exactly the same error:

../liboctave/.libs/liboctave.so: undefined reference to `strmode(unsigned int, char*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I tried "git pull" from gnulib folder, and recompiled, it did not help.
I tried "make clean" and recompiled, it did not help either.

all files were pulled today.

any comments?

I deleted all unversioned files under the octave
src tree, and rechecked out gnulib, the compilation
went through. Not sure what had happened with the
"strmode" error. I am pretty sure both hg and git
returned me up-to-date when I had the error.

Anyhow, now I have the recompiled octave updated
today. But I found the "backend" function has gone!
the find output reads:

address@hidden:~/space/Libraries/octave$ find . -name "backend.*"
./.hg/store/data/scripts/plot/backend.m.i

is this a recent change? what commmand should I use
if I want to switch to fltk?

thanks

Qianqian

thanks

Qianqian

| The patch seems to solve the original problem. Thanks, too. Probably
| the corresponding bug #32127 can be closed.

OK.

jwe