Re: OtOctave for the total newbie

From: Vokey, John
Subject: Re: OtOctave for the total newbie
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 10:07:26 -0700

I am quite happy with Octave (well, once, with the help of this list, I was
able to use the edit command!).  It seems to do most of what I use matlab for.
I was just looking for ways to help sell it to my colleagues.  I personally
agree that the GUI often just gets in the way, but as with the promotion of R,
if it weren't for GUIs such as Rcmdr, none of my SPSS-obsessed colleagues would
even look at it.