Re: Re : mexing in Fortran

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Re : mexing in Fortran
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:42:27 -0500

On 27-Jan-2011, Ben Abbott wrote:

| On Jan 27, 2011, at 8:36 AM, address@hidden wrote:
|
| > Hello,
| >
| > Thank you John for the information.
| > And no, getting Fortran mex to work is not that important to me.
| > Octave already provides three ways to write extensions c&cpp mex, and oct
file.
| > It was simply curious to know if it was possible and besides,
| > I am not sure that I would be capable to add the fortran mex interface.
| >
| > my best regards,
| >
| > Julien.
|
| Using F2003, it should be possible to add interfaces. It is an idea
| I not had the time to look at.

By interface, I wasn't talking about any specific feature of Fortran.
I just meant that we need to create some functions in Octave that
expose the internal MEX functions (like mxGetPr, etc.) in ways that
are consistent with the Fortran MEX interface defined by Matlab, and
that can be called from Fortran.  We also need to modify the mkoctfile
script (with the --mex option) to compile a Fortran function as the
main MEX gateway routine.

Part of this job was done once, but the interface was incomplete and
so it was deleted when I updated the MEX interface code and included
it in Octave in 2006.

This job doesn't require using Fortran 2003.  The work will mostly
be done in C++ in Octave.

jwe