Re: Enlarge tickmarks font size?

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Enlarge tickmarks font size?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:40:36 +0100

>I've discovered that the files are fine - the use of 'fontsize' does indeed
>increase the tickmark fonts, both on screen and in the generated .eps file.
>The problem seems to be in the dvips command, which I'm using to convert a
>LaTeX-generated dvi file to PostScript.  For some reason it's not picking up
>the enlarged fonts, and so when included in a LaTeX document, the final
>PostScript file includes a figure with tiny fonts.  There are ways of
>forcing dvips to download all fonts, but it's so long since I've needed
>anything other than the default settings that I've forgotten how to do it!
>
>By the way, I'm using Octave 3.2.2.

Just to be sure, why don't you upgrade to Octave 3.2.4 and Gnuplot
4.4.0?

Anyway, I suspect neither matters.  It's strange, as I routinely include
gnuplot's ouptput obtained with Octave in Latex without problems.  The
command I use is print('-deps2',filename) or print('-depsc2',filename).

I then include the eps files in Latex with \includegraphics[width=70mm]
and get a pdf file with dvipdf, or ps with dvips.  Is any of this
different from what you do?

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040