RE: output and command screen

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: RE: output and command screen
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 05:10:27 -0500

On 10-Jan-2011, Keshab Man Shrestha wrote:

| Thanks Andy, "more off" did the trick. I will change the "octaverc" file.

Turning the pager off is a solution, but the behavior you are seeing
is not what we intend.  The pager should run in the same window where
you see the Octave prompt.  What pager do you have?  I expect it to be
some version of "less", but the behavior you describe is not what I
would expect by default.  But if that is the default behavior now on
Windows systems, what option will disable it and tell it to not open a
separate window to display output?

jwe