RE: output and command screen

From: Keshab Man Shrestha
Subject: RE: output and command screen
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:41:26 +0800

Hi Andy,
        I am using Windows 7. To run octave I click a short-cut (from the start
menu) which points to "C:\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\bin\octave-3.2.4.exe". Then,
an Octave window opens up with octave prompt (e.g., "octave-3.2.4.exc:1"). I cd
to the folder where my program (.m file is located). Then, I type the name of
my *.m file without the extension. This starts calculations which is supposed
to produce many pages of output. However, I do not see the output until the
program finishes running. I would prefer to see the output as it reaches the
appropriate points in the program which is supposed to produce the output. Once
the program finished running, it will produce the multiple pages of output
where I can go back and forward using 'b' and 'f' or quit by typing 'q'. Once I
type 'q', the output disappears and I go back to the command window where I
type the *.m file to run the program.

        I would like to have both the command and output window interleaved so
that I can see the command and output  on the same window. As it is now, the
output window disappears once I press 'q'.
        I am not running octave from DOS prompt.
        Thanks for your help.