Re: Lines outside axis when printing a plot

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: Lines outside axis when printing a plot
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 21:02:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Jan 04, 2011, at 03:41 PM, Louis Ciotti <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Landu Kiranmayi
<address@hidden> wrote:
> try setting axes manual instead of auto
> example: xlim([xmin xmax])
>
> Louis Ciotti wrote:
>>
>> I am plotting some data, and when I print it to a .eps file the values
>> that our outside of my axis limits are showing.  i.e. if the x lower
>> limit is 100, and the data plotted has 95, it shows up when I print to
>> the .eps file.  It looks fine in the figure window.  Is there a way to
>> stop this?

I am setting the axes manually using the axis([xmin xmax ymin ymax])
command. Like I said it only has a problem when I do a
print('figure.eps','-depsc')

I haven't seen this problem. However, I may be able to help if you provide some additional information.

(1) What OS are you running?
(2) Where did you get Octave from?
(3) What version of Octave you are running?
(4) What version of gnuplot you are using. You can check that by typing "__gnuplot_version__" at Octave's prompt.
(5) Provide a simple example of code that demonstrates the problem.
(6) Also attached the eps file you obtain.

Ben