"keyboard": difference in scoping ?

From: CdeMills
Subject: "keyboard": difference in scoping ?
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 01:18:15 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm using octave on two platforms:
- 1) i386-linux, Ubuntu LTS, octave 3.2.3
- 2) i386-linux, Fedora 14, octave 3.2.4

In order to debug code, I put "keyboard" at places where I want to examine
variables. Under Fedora, after hitting the keyboard statement, I have a
prompt, and the context (scope) is the function containing the "keyboard"
invocation. Under Ubuntu, the context is the uppermost level, i.e. the one
of the initial calling function. So I have to execute "dbdown" a few times
until getting to the lowest level.

I can't switch the machine under Ubuntu to Fedora, so is there some switch
or some command to ensure that the keyboard instruction give access to a
prompt in the scoping of the code portion containing this instruction ?

Thanks in advance

Pascal