Re: Increasing font size of legend

From: Bob Odom
Subject: Re: Increasing font size of legend
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:53:42 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010, asha g wrote:

I think the line should look like:

legend('Airy(x)',"location",'southeast');

where you should substitute whatever you have for "leg" for
Airy(x), i.e. leg
is the text of your legend.

Anyway it does not work with that either.

Do: 'help legend' at the octave prompt.

I have also noticed in the forum that there are problems
controlling the
legend font size, which may have been solved in the
developer sources, but
not in the stable releases (3.2.4).

If all you need is a text label of some kind without the
line type or
color, you can use the 'text' function. For example, I have
the two lines:

set (0,"Defaulttextfontsize", '26');
text (1600, 1.5, "5 layers",'color', b);

My x-range is 1500 -> 1700, and y-range is 0 -> 10.
The 'text' call above
puts the message (5 layers) in the figure starting at the
location
(1600,1.5) in blue and with a font size of 26 points.

I only want the text in the legend to change. I have already got the x,y axes to work. So how do I modify the above line to indicate just that. What do you mean by 5 layers ?

There is a lot of information on setting plot parameters in
the forum
archives. It is worth a look.

How does one access this ? Pardon my ignorance.

Thanks
Asha

Asha,

The "5 layers" is just the text in my own example. I was merely trying to
give you an example. It has nothing to do with your issue. I just pasted a line
out of one of my m-files into the email.

The octave help forum is here:
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/

I have not been able to get any control over the legend font size, which is why
I suggested using the text function. I am using octave version 3.2.4.

Bob