Re: How to extract sequenced data from an array?

From: Ghostly
Subject: Re: How to extract sequenced data from an array?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 18:40:41 +0100

Data file would be large for upload even if properly compressed. Easy way to
gather similar data that comes to my mind, would involve creating 2-3 sec of
audio WAVE data and append it over itself couple of times, then load it as
array.

I solved the problem by using Python/Scipy:

#~ type(x) = numpy.array

for i in range(1, 1 + x.size/4):
    if (x[0, 0] == x[::i, 0]).all():
        sequence = x[:i]
        break

I thought on Scipy/Numpy as I'm familiar with Python magic. Here Scipy is used
only to load data as 2D (2 column) array (Numpy array), but loop is in simple
Python code, which is reasonably fast with my data ans usage

Tips mentioned here like xcorr and others will be used at some point, but as I
already have solution to this problem I went ahead

Cheers, and thanks again for all replies