Re: Increasing font size

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Increasing font size
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 08:22:56 -0500

On Dec 29, 2010, at 12:21 AM, asha g wrote:

> I have asked parts of this question before, but one part is still unclear:
>
> 1) How does one increase the font size of plots - Xlabel, Ylabel and title ?
>
> 2) I have now plotted my plots without doing this, so how can I increase this
> while putting my plots into PdfLaTeX -
>
> I know this is strictly not a Octave question, but maybe you can help.
>
> 3) Which is the psfrag package used for PdfLaTeX ?
>
> How do I write it so that I can increase font size ?
>

> eg \psfrag {Soma}{\Large{$Soma$}} does not work.
>
> Thanks
>
> Asha

I don't think it will work correctly for the released versions of Octave, but
please try changing the fontsize property for each of the axes. If there is no
effect, then you still have some options.

(1) If your gnuplot version is >= 4.4 then it supports the TikZ/lua terminal.
The link below gives a short description on how to include TikZ files in latex.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGF/TikZ

(2) You can convert eps files to PGF (low level language for TikZ)

        http://www.texample.net/TikZ/resources/#tools-that-generate-PGFTikZ-code

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/eps2pgf/

(3) Psfrag will not work with pdflatex, However, fragmaster can convert an
eps/psfrag for use with pdflatex

        http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/support/fragmaster/

I haven't tried either (2) or (3) myself, but the third looks like a last
resort to me.

Ben