'symbolic' package [was: Re: Developing Octave-Forge packages}

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: 'symbolic' package [was: Re: Developing Octave-Forge packages}
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 22:14:44 +0100

man, 27 12 2010 kl. 15:07 -0600, skrev Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:
> Did you actually try to use the package? Thomas Weber just marked my
> bug as unreproducible as well. As I understand it, this should produce
> 1, and it produces zero instead:
>
>      x = sym("x");
>      differentiate(x,x)

ans =

1

> And trying something like
>
>      differentiate(x^2,x)

ans =

(2.0)*x

> gives me C++ errors. Attempting
>
>      differentiate(Sin(x),x)

ans =

cos(x)

So, things do appear to be working on my system. I few details:

  * I use a 32 bit version of Ubuntu 10.10
  * I use the SVN version of the 'symbolic' package.
  * I use a quite recent checkout of Octave development version
    (compiled with no extra flags or things like that).

Søren