Re: detrend() in Matlab and Octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: detrend() in Matlab and Octave
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:18:24 -0600

On 23 December 2010 08:57, H W Borchers <address@hidden> wrote:

> I never said this is good or bad, I was just interested to know whether
> there is a special reason to deviate in this way. Maybe it was different
> in older versions of Matlab?

If it's invalid Matlab syntax, why not have an added feature in
Octave? There's plenty of Octave-specific syntax, much of which I
personally enjoy, like operators +=, *= or comment characters
consistent with other scripting languages, #, which allows you to give
Octave scripts a shebang. Some Octave functions have features that
Matlab lack.

In short, a Matlab clone isn't the objective. Rather, Matlab
interoperability is an optional feature that can be used if desired.

- Jordi G. H.