Re: How to extract sequenced data from an array?

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: How to extract sequenced data from an array?
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:57:37 +0000

> try xcorr
> help xcorr
>
> Autocorrelation ( if I remember correctly) makes a copy of your data and
> then tries shifting and overlapping your data with the copy. I then looks
> for a correlation between the 2 for each overlap  and then reports this
> correlation, if you plot this correlation vector you will find a peek at the
> periodicity points
> Doug Stewart

Yes, xcorr looks much more appropriate than what I said. It looks like
you only want a vector. You may want to run xcorr in autocorrelation
mode on each column

c1=xcorr(X(:,1));
c2=xcorr(X(:,2));

then maybe correlate the two results

c=xcorr(c2,c2);

then look for peaks in c. not sure if this is the correct approach.
However, xcorr on a bigx2 array may well result in you having to
terminate the process again.

--
/* andy buckle */