Re: Can Octave run on Android?

From: c.
Subject: Re: Can Octave run on Android?
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:04:00 +0100

On 21 Dec 2010, at 16:01, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> Just curious - is it (easily) possible to have in interactive shell on
> Android ? I.e. is there a command line interface ?

there are a few android terminal emulator apps out there,
one even supported by google.

> Another issue is plotting. AFAIK Android doesn't run X, so how can
> 'gnuplot' be made to display something ?

this part seems more tricky, but IIRC  gnuplot has a Qt terminal and there is
an android port of Qt, or someone is working on it.
anyway I'd love to run octave on my cellphone even with reduced functionality.
Anyway this is all highly speculative as I never built any app for android an I
doubt I'll have much time to invest in trying this any time soon.

> Thanks,
>  Sergei.
c.