RE: Parallel Octave

From: Tim Rueth
Subject: RE: Parallel Octave
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 07:05:52 -0800

I routinely do this.  I'll initiate as many as 4 separate octave sessions in
parallel (in Windows 7).  Then, I'll call up Task Manager and watch all of
the cores go to work.  (I haven't tried parcellfun, fork, or any fancy stuff
yet.)  I have a 4-core Intel i7 hyperthreadding CPU, so I can see up to 8
"processors" working in parallel from 4 Octave sessions.  I also overclock
my cores by 35%, so I use RealTemp to watch the temperature of the 4 cores.
Smokin'!

--Tim