Re: Fitting models

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Fitting models
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:13:23 -0600

Am Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2010, 16:45:21 schrieb Sebastian Roller:
> Ahhh! Now i can open the help-function, but why i have to load it
> manuelly??? All other packages are loaded by themselves or by octave while
> starting octave...!?

Most of the time, you can install Octave-Forge packages by using
aptitude (apt-get in Ubuntu). Their names are e.g. octave-splines or
octave-control. Sometimes, as in this case, the 'Forge package hasn't
been packaged for Debian (or Ubuntu), so you can use Octave's internal
packaging system instead, with some caveats as you've seen.

On 14 December 2010 09:56, Martin Helm <address@hidden> wrote:
> Not all packages are auto loaded

Actually, Debian packages should be. The problem is that spline-gcvps
hasn't been packaged for Debian.

> (btw that would not make much sense).

Why not? I mean, not installing all 'Forge packages I understand, but

- Jordi G. H.