Re: override display() for class

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: override display() for class
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 08:35:58 -0500

On Dec 13, 2010, at 5:01 AM, CdeMills wrote:

> Jaroslav Hajek-2 wrote:
>>

>> What you need is possible using "argn". Check out the dict class from
>> the general package to find out how to do this.
>>

> argn is not documented. Is it the same as inputname(1) ?
>
> Regards
>
> Pascal

I've been following along. For ...

        a = fun (30, b, c);

argn () can be used to obtain the character representations for the inputs.

        argn(1,:) -> "30"
        argn(2,:) -> "b "
        argn(3,:) -> "c "

If you edit inputname.m, you'll see that it relies upon argn.

I'd also noticed that argn is not documented. A good place for that could be
with similar features, such as varargout, nargin, & nargout ... and/or as part
of the OOP.

Ben