content-type problem writing uint8 to file/database using curl

From: dbjrmn
Subject: content-type problem writing uint8 to file/database using curl
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 18:37:43 -0800 (PST)

I posed the question of how to write values in the range of 0 to 255 to a
file, and noted that uint8 produced the wrong results. A "Chris" emailed me
to let me know that using uint16 produced the correct results. Posting that
information in the event someone else needs it.

Regarding using curl to write to the database, I used the following:

cstrcat("curl -X PUT ", imageUrl, "?rev=", rev, " --data-ascii @",
filenameAndPath, " -H \"Content-Type: text/plain\"");

I have yet to work with the retrieved. If I find there are issues with the
above I will update this post.