Re: Fonts on pdf plots do not match screen (XP, 3.2.4)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Fonts on pdf plots do not match screen (XP, 3.2.4)
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 06:13:48 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I cannot figure out the origin correctly.

For pdf print, it uses pdfcairo terminal on the gnuplot.
I do not know, on your linux, which terminal is used to generate pdf.
Please open the both pdf file (generated by octave for windows ) and see the
properties.

If it is generated by the pdfcairo, you can find a descriptio of 'cairo 1.8.8
(http://cairographics.org)' in the creator field.
In the Octave on cygwin, I found 'cairo 1.8.10 (http://cairographics.org)'

On screen, octave for windows uses the windows terminal of the gnuplot.
Please try 'wxt' terminal.  It uses the cairo libraries to draw figures.

You can use it by writing,
putenv('GNUTERM', 'wxt');
in the startup file.

For the startup file, please the octave manual.

Another option
If you have the ghostscript or adobe acrobat, please try to print in ps device
and convert it to the
pdf format. I do not know it gives you what you want.

Regards

Tatsuro