Re: size too large for range of Octave's index type

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: size too large for range of Octave's index type
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 16:13:03 +0000

> Do you know if there are any plans to compile a 64-bit version of Octave for
> Windows?

I think mingw-w64[1] is a youngish project, but useable. I think
Tatsuro has mentioned that the windows packager has been working on
porting to mingw-w64. I believe this is tricky.

Maybe its time to try linux! A couple of years ago I started dual
booting various computers and found it straightforward. 64 bit linux
seems quite mature, and Octave binaries from repositories have always
worked for me.

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/

--