dlmread problem

From: keithspg
Subject: dlmread problem
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:11:16 -0800 (PST)

It appears that dlmread is now integrated in the main octave files. It does
not currently function as it did in 3.2.4. I am running 3.3.54 and dlmread
seems to assume that my 2 columns of data is a single column of complex
numbers. Is this expected behavior? I have tried it with 3.2.4 and it is
able to load my data as expected and does not assume that they are complex
numbers. My current workaround is to delete the header and use load, but I
would like this to work as it did before or if there is a workaround, please
let me know.

octave:27> bob1=dlmread("test.txt"," ",1,0)
bob1 =

   -0.00900 +  0.00000i
   -0.02800 +  0.00000i
   -0.01600 +  0.00000i
   -0.00300 +  0.00000i
   -0.02200 +  0.00000i
   -0.01600 +  0.00000i
   -0.00300 +  0.00000i

the data is generated from a NI data Acq:

1000.0
-0.009  0.000
-0.028  0.000
-0.016  0.000
-0.003  0.000
-0.022  0.000
-0.016  0.000
-0.003  0.000

I tried to investigate the latest version from mercurial to see if this has
changed with dlmread, but I was  not able to compile it. I was able to
successfully download and compile the 3.3.54 package, but the mercurial
repository which I grabbed a couple of weeks ago will not compile. I am
running Ubuntu 10.10 fully updated and think I have all I need as I did
compile the 3.3.54 version...

The error upon conclusion is:  whole slew of 'not declared in this scope'
errors then:

make[3]: *** [liboctinterp_la-lex.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/octave/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/octave/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/octave'
make: *** [all] Error 2