Re: Using functions from octave_base_value on class defined in .m files

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: Using functions from octave_base_value on class defined in .m files ?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 08:59:44 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 23-Nov-2010, CdeMills wrote:
>
> | I already looked at 'dispatch' doc.
>
> Dispatch will deprecated in Octave 3.4 and removed in the next major
> release after that.
>
> | Also, how to call a specific function from the
> | dataframe class, I mean a function which is not overloading something
> else ?
>
> I don't understand the question.  Can you give an example of what it
> is you want to do?

Hello John,

I implemented all those small mapping functions the way you explained. Now
I'm blocked by expressions like [a b] or [a; b] : I overloaded  horzcat and
vertcat but it seems not effective : which function implements the []
(catting) operator ?

For the other question: I have functions defined under @dataframe/ : there
are class functions, and supposed to overload basic Octave functions. Now
let say I want function my_func, implemented in my_func.m, to operate on
dataframes: where should I put the function body such that is is found in
the octave load path ?

Regards

Pascal