Re: Catching up to Matlab

From: Divakar Ramachandran
Subject: Re: Catching up to Matlab
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:18:15 +0530

On 18/11/2010 02:17, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

FWIW, I would vote against including Matlab links even though I am
just a normal user who has never contributed (so far) to Octave and
just am using it for my work instead of Matlab, and am at times quite
lost when "Octaving". If ever I do need more help from Matlab website,
I do know how to access that information without having Octave provide
me a link. Providing a link to Matlab documentation seems a bit like
stealing their documentation. As a community we should be able to
generate the documentation required. Moreover, providing a link as
proposed above presumes that Octave is just a freebie copy of Matlab,
which I think it is not, nor should it be. -- Just my two cents or its
equivalent in Indian Rupees.

Divakar