Re: Mac OSX 10.6.5 update

From: Jeremy Huddleston
Subject: Re: Mac OSX 10.6.5 update
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:27:20 -0800

On Nov 16, 2010, at 11:14, Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2010, at 12:42 PM, Jeremy Huddleston <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> We updated freetype in OSX 10.6.5 and fontconfig, which links against
>> freetype, wants this newer version. Gnuplot is failing to load because their
>> developers are setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH which is forcing our libfontconfig
>>
>> to try using their libfreetype, which it cant.
>>
>> This is a bug in Gnuplot.app ... developers should NEVER be setting
>> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in shipping products!
>>

> Jeremy,
>
> I assume you are referring to a binary distribution of gnuplot? Can you tell
> us which site it is available from?

I have no idea where the binary came from.  I was simply replying to the
and http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.octave.general/32963).  You will
have to ask the original posters (Alastair and WP Becker) for more details.

After 10.6.5 was released, I received a bug report on this topic, so I did a
google search for "Reason: Incompatible library version: libfontconfig.1.dylib
requires version 13.0.0 or later, but libfreetype.6.dylib provides version
10.0.0" in order to respond to blogs / mailing lists with relevant/helpful
information.

If this is not the correct list for GnuPlot, then hopefully you can pass along
this information to whomever packaged up the broken Gnuplot.app

Thanks,
Jeremy