Re: Catching up to Matlab

From: Ozzy Lash
Subject: Re: Catching up to Matlab
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:11:24 -0600

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

I saw those.  I've never used handle graphics, so both are pretty
greek to me, so it is hard to judge which is better.   For an example
that came up recently on the mailing list, look at the documentation
for strjust.  The MATLAB documentation does not state what happens
when there are leading or trailing space.  But doing comparisons of
core functionality like say "filter", or "norm" seem very similar
between the two.

The one thing that the MATLAB documentation seems to have more of is
examples.  This is probably an area where Octave could improve.

Of course I like UNIX Manpages, and everyone tells me how much more
superior "info" pages are, or Windows help viewer, so I know I have
different taste in documentation than others do.

Bill