Re: M*tl*b Programming Contest

From: Kim Hansen
Subject: Re: M*tl*b Programming Contest
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 23:49:44 +0100

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:29, Bart Vandewoestyne
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Today, a new M*tl*b Programming Contest starts:
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/contest/
> http://blogs.mathworks.com/contest/
>
> I was wondering if people from this list already participated and tried the
> contest problems with Octave as a development platform?
>
> Just being curious here... :-)

Looks like a fun contest.

I have tried the scripts and the problem for me right now is that the
graphics system with the patch() commands seems to be a lot slower in
Octave than in Matlab. I think I have read something here on the list
about it, but I can't find it now.

Is there something I can do to speed up the generation of patches in
the octave code, or is it a problem in the implementation in C++?

Regards,
--
Kim Hansen
Vadgårdsvej 3, 2.tv